Saturday, November 12, 2016

What's New

So...years have passed since I have written. I am still here in Kuwait; two children have graduated and have gone off to college in the US; one child is at home and in elementary school; and I am still teaching at the university.
I realize now how the US is a different place for my children and how the morphing of their two worlds has informed their opinions on the US to be more objective and less emotion based. I have to say that I have hung on to a nostalgic view that makes the current turn in the US from one of an ethical and loving country, to one being steered by a bigot, extremely hard to reconcile.
I don't know what to think...but it is not the country of an Andy Griffithish flavor anymore. And if I am honest with myself, I need to acknowledge that it was probably not that when I remember it as such for many people even at that time.
And so, I am here with my life in the Middle East and a heart in a US that may soon cease to exist as a space that my heart would recognize. And I have to admit that I have finally settled into a peaceful acceptance and appreciation of my life here. It took a long while.
But I am grateful. 

3 comments:

hitaakademi said...


Ankara'nin en iyi kurye sirketi olan
kurye ankara hizmette
sinir tanimiyor...

hitaakademi said...


Ankara merkezli sıramatik sistemleri kurulum ve teknik destek hizmetleri
siramatik Türkiye'de hizmet ve faaliyetlerini sürdürmektedir.

William Willi said...

Hey! Great Article, thanks for sharing the Information
I am John, writing content's on Astrological topics. Recently writing on Fabolous topic "Ephemeris Astrology" and planetary position, if you want to know more, please read my website mPanchang.com