Thursday, August 21, 2008

Apple


I don't usually write about a company or product, but I was so impressed with one that I feel the need.
My daughter's Macbook was acting up a bit , and I thought I would take it to a repair place before we went back to Kuwait, as it was not easy getting my Macbook worked on there.Well, wonder of wonder, turns out that it was the logic board(should that be one word?) problem.
Of course, I have no idea what that is, or that it would run about $800.00 for the part alone! Here is where Murphy's Law kicks in... The warranty ran out in July, (did the husband listen when I told him to buy the extended Apple Care...no, course not) and being that it is August, the fella tells me, I don't think they will care.

Ok, I am left with two, no three choices:
1. Bite the bullet and fix it for around 900.00
2. Buy a new computer for around 1100.00
3. Call Apple

So, I rolled my dice and called Apple. After making the correct selection of category on the phone, I actually spoke to a person, a real person...in California! Juxtapose that to my previous AWFUL experience with Dell when I had to talk to some folks over in India for 4 hours each time and NEVER solved my problems, apparently because one hand doesn't know what the other is doing with them.
Anyway, after I explained my problem to them, they told me that they were going to help me and fix my daughter's computer for me! Amazing, "so shines a good deed in a weary world"(Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).
To top things off, I called the place that had her computer, at 5:30 p.m.yesterday, and he told me he would order the part from Cali today, mind you, we are in South Carolina, and he would get it that same day. Well he did do as he said and called just a bit ago, at 3:00p.m. to say that the computer is indeed ready!
I am so impressed. That is what you call great customer service!
Way to go Apple and L2 Technologies!

5 comments:

Intlxpatr said...

Now that is truly Mashallah! Isn't it wonderful when customer service is really customer service? Wooooo Hooooo, Carly, for making that one phone call.

Loolykinns said...

1100 for a laptop? get a normal one with better performance for cheaper...

and if you're into that macbook air, just get the IBM's thinkpad, which unlike macbook air, everything is built in... you don't need to carry an external CD\DVD drive =.=

Carly said...

Hey intlxpatr,
Isn't it though! :) I love companies who still go by the customer is number 1! I am so glad that I made that call, don't ya know.

Hey loolykinns,
Thanks. I know people say that about Macs, but I just like them since they seem to be made for more creative purposes and are more intuitive to me, but I am no expert computer gal! :) But, you can't beat their customer service; that is for sure!

Loolykinns said...

O RLY? Carly?

changing my "supposed to cost 100KD" monitor for free sounds good to me...

and... even though they told me I'll have to wait for a week to get it ordered, but I only had to wait for 2 days to actually get everything done... saying it takes a week to finish things while its actually done in 2 days...

free costy stuff? sounds like a good customer service to me... oh yea... my lappy is the ol' crappy toshiba

Carly said...

Hmm...that's good Looly, that was customer service by Toshiba???