Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What Men Should Know

I cam across this and thought it was good. I don't know if this really translates well for all of our Arab husbands married to American women, but heck, even American men don't get it! Read and learn men.

Also, I would be interested to know if there were Arabic equivalents to these terms?


You may want to read carefully, and keep handy for a quick review in tense situations with your loved one.

1.) “Fine”: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up. A shrewd but effective psychological tactic.

2.) “Five Minutes”: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house. It may be that women are able to fold the space time continuum to achieve this.

3.) “Nothing”: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes for at least the next 72hrs, if not longer. Arguments that begin with “nothing” usually end in “fine”.

4.) “Go Ahead”: According to all experts on the topic this is considered a dare, and not permission. Don’t Do It!

5.) A Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and further discussion is pointless because she is right in this discussion about nothing important. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of “nothing”.)

6.) “That’s Okay”: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake. A 72hr waiting period doesn’t apply, this goes on your permanent record.

7.) “Thanks”: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you’re welcome and back away slowly.

8.) “Whatever”: Is a woman’s way of saying “bite me”.

9.) “Don’t worry about it, I got it”: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking “What’s wrong?” For the woman’s response refer to #3. Pray that you don’t receive a “that’s ok”.

9 comments:

Princess said...

@@ so true!

M said...

I Read this book a while a go
Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray.
So far i cant determine that it is true because it depends on personality.

Carly said...

Hi princess :)
Yes, M, I read that book a long time back, and I agree there are exceptions, but for the most part, I'd say it is accurate! :)

NoNoWa said...

LOOL!!!! So very very true!!! :D It applies to all far and wide..and who cares if men get it or not..there are a lot of things men dont get- heheheheee!!

I am also a woman of the south...just thought i wud share that...:P

Carly said...

Hey nonowa,
Thanks for commenting. You are right. It would be nice if they could just learn some of women's hidden meanings and warnings, though. :)

It seems like there are a lot of us southerners here. I am from SC.

NoNoWa said...

LOOL :P Men ...learn?? Never guna happen!!

I am from Arkansas..Little Rock, to be exact :) I am also a teacher...who wud have guessed... :)

Have u been here long?

Carly said...

Hey nonowa,
I have been living in KW only a year, but married to a Kuwaiti for 14 years! Yikes...I'm old! :/
I am an English teacher on hiatus and don't know if I'll go back.
Do you like where you teach?

NoNoWa said...

WOW!!! 14 years!! Yeah you're just ancient!!! Well I have been in Kuwait since 1992, and am also been married to a Kuwaiti..lets see we've been married for......almost 8 years. I also have 3 kids...2 boys and one girl.

Well I work in a nursery school so... yeah I guess its not too bad. I have been off of work for a while due to the pregnancy/ birth of my son so late this August I will be going back. How bout u....did u like your place of work?

Carly said...

Hey Nonowa,
LoL, and congrats/mabrook on your newest baby!

I haven't been working since I had my last baby, at an advanced age, I might add. :) I haven't worked at all in KW, and I don't know if I will go back to the classroom again. :(