Thursday, March 13, 2008

Has Anyone Noticed...

....that time has seemed to have sped up? Wow, I can't believe that it is already mid-March! I won't go into all that has yet to be accomplished, but suffice it to say that it is indeed much. Thank God, though, that the kids have made some friends in school. Granted, they are not Kuwaiti friends, as they don't seem to open their circles readily for newcomers, nevertheless, they have some friends.
I finally joined a gym that is close by, and that should help with my mind-funk. I have also started driving...woo hoo! I hope I don't get into too much trouble, but I have been known to yell at reckless drivers, even in Roxbury, MA.
I have been adventurous and have been making my own bagels and planting heirloom seeds. The tomatoes and basil are thriving!
I am looking forward to going home in June, although flying with three kids, one 12 month old, will be a challenge. I can't wait to see my green home and loving family. The kids are psyched! All summer at the beach.
Sorry I have been absent, but I can't seem to give myself permission to just ramble needlessly. Oh, yeah, and also, my computer is in the Digits hospital trying to be mended. It's amazing how much I miss it.
Hopefully, I will find the rhythm.

4 comments:

Stinni said...

You yelled at reckless drivers in Roxbury? You officially have my respect now.

I would love to know how you got real basil to thrive. All the basil I've re-potted turns woody and eventually dies within a year.

Kuwaiti basil (mashmoom) on the other hand does really really well. Too bad you can't eat it. :)

Did you do anything special with the tomatoes? I haven't tried to grow real ones (just tiny cherry ones, mostly for ornamental value).

P.S. I'm also leaving in June with the kids. I'm already getting nervous about it.

Jewaira said...

Good to hear that you are managing so well :)

Carly said...

Hey Stinni,
Yeah, I know I'm crazy, but I don't like for people to feel that I'm intimidated by them, even if I am. :)
For me to say that things are thriving is hopeful. The basil and tomatoes are planted from seed, heirloom seeds from the US. We will see how long they last. :)
I haven't done anything special, just good potting soil.
Why are you nervous? Are you going sans hubby?

Hey Jewaira,
Thanks again! :)

slartybartfarst said...

Good to see you back Carly. Yep time has flown but they say it gets worse. Good that the kids have settled, that must be the biggest worry. Oh and thanks for the comment.