Saturday, November 03, 2007

Looking for some Good News

There seems to be a proliferation of bad news: health care, education issues, political situation, environmental problems, etc. So rather than just reiterate all of that doom and gloom and back my behind up into a box and wait for the end of the world, I am going to look for some good news. Ok, Pollyannaism is not my usual flair, but if I don't start to look for the bright side, I fear for my sanity! Granted, there is so much to be thankful for: health, family, home, food, and on and on, but every time I look around me and at the news, it seems so grim.
And I grow weary of looking at the same old fellas on the cover of the newspaper sitting in their grandiose chairs, drinking tea, while trying to pat themselves on the back for the quagmire that this country finds itself in!!!!...ahhh, I digress.
So, starting today, I will seek out good news. I will ask people and read between the lines.
Hey, and if anyone finds some before me, could ja pass it on?

6 comments:

chikapappi said...

ahh.. bad world, bad circumstnces, bad people.. I fear nothing good left to see :) I will wait for your good news though :)

Carly said...

thank u, chika. I too am waiting...

harmonie22 said...

I loved this post because over the last two weeks I have taken 'doom and gloom' to a new level and last night resolved to be more positive...There's a lot of good in the world too... throwing a big smiley face your way to cheer you up :-)

Carly said...

Hey Harmonie,
Yeah it is easy to become overwhelmed by all of the news and things you see around you. Don't you think they ought to dedicate a news channel to seeking out positive stories in the world? Thanks. :)

Intlxpatr said...

The weather is wonderful. So sweet! The sky is more clear, and you can even see stars at night. Look UP!

Carly said...

Thanks, Intlxpatr. I will. My grandmother used to always say, "I don't know how people cannot believe in God...all I have to do is just look up at the birds!"(103 year old waving her arms over her head, marveling at the birds in flight)