Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Most Censored




















At least KW is not in the top 10:
  1. North Korea
  2. Myanmar (Burma)
  3. Turkmenistan
  4. Equatorial Guinea
  1. Libya
  2. Eritrea
  3. Cuba
  1. Uzbekistan
  2. Syria
  3. Belarus
Seriously though, my daughter is wondering whether she can get any magazines in KW. We're not even talking about the lascivious Seventeen, but how about Girl's Life or the dreaded American Girl. What will be allowed; can you get subscriptions in KW at all, or will the moral police, for lack of a better term, take them away?

Is the censorship in KW getting more so or loosening up a bit?

2 comments:

Ms.Baker said...

Hi Carly :)

Your best bet is to open an Aramex shop and ship account (www.aramex.com) or a U shop we ship account (www.ushopweship.com) which gives you a US mailing address, from which all your mail is gathered and shipped back to Kuwait for a fee ( I don't work for them BTW, this is how I get my Vanity Fair and and Natl. Geo's delivered to me here in KW among umpteen other mags I subscribe to). They deliver them straight to your door too. You just subscribe to the mags asyou would in the US and have them sent to the address they give you for your account. There usually isn't a problem with the censors. Heck, I even order Reese's pieces and soy chips from the States this way when I am desperate, LOL! Good luck :)

Carly said...

Hey Ms. Baker,
Great! That is wonderful news. I will definitely check into that. I know my kids and I miss Reeses when we are in KW too. Thank you so much.
Carly