Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I am a treehugger


Local flora
Originally uploaded by talbiya.
What in the world am I going to do in Kuwait? I truly love trees. There is something so soothing and relaxing about them. This tree is in Australia-hubby just came back from a business trip there and snapped this shot. I believe this is a Walking Tree.

Is there any way to 'green' one's space there (KW), or is it too water-wasteful? Also, has anyone out there ever tried to grow tomatoes in pots there? Jus' askin'

4 comments:

NiQa said...

this tree (is it a tree?) scared my heart out! i'm sooo gonna have a nightmare :(

Carly said...

I am sorry to scare you...??? :(

Stinni said...

I know someone who has a rooftop garden and grows lovely tomatoes. I grow basil (edible and local "mashmoom" for scent), rosemary, chiles and mint.

Bougainvilleas do great here, as do a fica tree that I only know as "kuna karpis" (that's how it's pronounced but I have no idea about its real name). I planted some in my front yard and they were only about a foot tall when I planted them and in a year grew to about 15 feet.

You'll have to water twice a day in the heat of the summer but most of us have small yards so it's not that wasteful.

Carly said...

Oh, cool! Thanks Stinni. You have given me hope. :) Kind of like the tree growing through the sidewalk in A Tree Grows in Brooklyn!? That will be one of my first entries on my to do list when I get there.